Re: wpa-supplicant service configuration. Guile is hard

From: znavko
Subject: Re: wpa-supplicant service configuration. Guile is hard
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 16:34:28 +0200 (CEST)

Joshua, thanks for your attention. Yes, networkmanager is using when your config contains %desktop-services variable described here https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/services/desktop.scm#n1039

When I do  not touch it GuixSD setup networkamanger and I can simply use it with no problems. But I do not want, cause nm is the ugliest thing I saw in Linux.

I use %desktop-services and I delete unnecessary stuff from there. And then I try to configure Internet with only wpa-supplicant and dhcpcd. But now rfkill is blocking wifi so wpa stops there. Ooh la la!

Apr 5, 2019, 1:49 PM by address@hidden:
Hello,

I don't believe that network manager is the default tool that guix uses... I think I use whatever is the default and it works for me...

Does the normal guix not provide you with a working Internet connection?