Re: how to translate info guix to text file or pdf or html ?

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: how to translate info guix to text file or pdf or html ?
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 15:30:54 -0400

<address@hidden> writes:

> Hi! I've learned that guix manual updates with the updates more quickly than
> manual's web-page.
>
> But `info guix` is hard for using. I like html.
> Please, let me know if it is possible to transform `info guix` to text file
> or html or pdf?

It is possible to convert info into html and pdf.  Guix's manual changes
all the time.  Trying to keep the website up-to-date is a tough task.
Perhaps you would like to give this a try?

> PS: I tried to learn `info` commands but using mouse and search by web-page in
> browser is better.

I used to feel the same way.  But info is super cool once you get the
hang of it.  It is especially awesome inside emacs.  M-x helm-info-guix
is probably my favorite command.  It lets you search through all of the
guix documentation.  Try going through the info tutorial.  "info info".
It'll be dividends.

--
Joshua Branson
Sent from Emacs and Gnus