Re: Does your printer work with Guix System? Please share!

From: Jovany Leandro G.C
Subject: Re: Does your printer work with Guix System? Please share!
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 14:09:21 -0500

El Fri, 22 Mar 2019 22:27:47 -0700
Chris Marusich <address@hidden> escribió:
> Hi Guix!
>
> I want to buy a printer to use with a Guix System machine.  At a bare
> minimum, it just needs to print in black and white reliably, but I
> hope I can find one that does more than just the bare minimum.
>
> Has anyone here successfully printed (and/or scanned) using Guix
> System? If so, would you be willing to share details?  If you don't
> want to share details publicly, please consider emailing me privately
> instead. I'm interested in information like the following:
>
> * Manufacturer and model number
> * Features that you've verified work
> * Features that you've verified don't work
> * Any special steps you had to take to get features working
> * Does it work with CUPS?
> * Other concerns (e.g., privacy, cartridge DRM)
>
> I'd really appreciate any information you can share!  I've found that
> h-node and openprinting.org are kind of difficult to use.  Even when
> I've found a printer there that looks reasonable, there's no guarantee
> it'll work with Guix System specifically.  That's why I'm asking here.
>
> Thank you,

hi, thanks for not buy hardware incompatible with software libre 100%

you can use openprinting look at https://www.openprinting.org/printers,
search the printer if you see something about download a driver
(.deb,.rpm) be sure it's not compatible with software libre 100%,
look at http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/ this printer are working, i worked
with HP LaserJet 1020.

look at https://h-node.org/printers/catalogue/en and check the field
'compatibility with free software:' = 'A-Full'.

note: if you have something that's work or not work with software libre
100%, example laptop or PC, printer,scanner,etc.. please contribute on
community database h-node -

and my best option, go to shop center with your laptop with
software libre 100% connect the printer and see you can install
it and print.

thanks
se libre