Re: Borg takes forever to upgrade

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Borg takes forever to upgrade
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:31:15 -0400

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 09:12:58PM +0100, HiPhish wrote:
> I was trying to upgrade my packages and Borg (the backup program) has been
> taking over an hour already. I have eventually decided to cancel the upgrade
> process and tried upgrading all packages except Borg. The upgrade process
> finished without problems in a reasonable amount of time, so it is definitely
> Borg where things get stuck.

It's probably stuck in the tests:

https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/issues/4350

Whether or not it gets stuck seems host-specific. It works on some
machines and not others. I recommend just waiting a while for a
substitute to become available.

I don't want to disable the tests here until we understand what's going
on — otherwise we might miss some real issue in how the software is
being built on the machines where the tests get stuck.