Re: guix environment with channels?

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: guix environment with channels?
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 15:26:11 +0000

Wait! I figured it out! I need to use list instead of quote! Oops! Thanks again!

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 3:23 PM John Soo <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks Ludo!

Here's the error, environment file, and guix describe output: https://paste.debian.net/1072838/

guix package -s ghc-aeson-1.4.2.0 shows it is indeed a package in the system.

Thanks again,

John

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 4:11 PM Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi John,

John Soo <address@hidden> skribis:

> I was going to do some development recently and wanted to use some
> packages from a channel. I have it listed as a channel under
> ~/.config/guix/channels.scm so I added some packages from the channel
> to a scheme file but guix environment -l my-file.scm told me there was
> no code for my channel modules. Is this intended?

No.  Could it be that you’re running a ‘guix’ command different from the
one ‘guix pull’ produced?

Does ‘guix describe’ show your additional channel?

HTH,
Ludo’.