Re: set dnsdomainname

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: set dnsdomainname
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2019 08:35:13 +0100

Hi Marco,

Marco van Hulten <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> I found that one can edit /etc/hosts , starting with something like:
>
>     127.0.0.1  localhost
>     127.0.1.1  myhost.mydomain  myhost

for hosts you have to configure "hosts-file" [1] in your
operating-system section

I found this in an old thread [2]:

you can keep your hosts file wherever you want, let's say
"~/my-config/hosts"; and you can add this line to your operating-system
declaration:

  (hosts-file (local-file (string-append (getenv "HOME")
                                         "/my-config/hosts")))

After reconfiguring your system, this file will be put into the store,
and /etc/hosts will have the same contents after reboot.

I'd prefer setting the contents "inline" declaring each hosts
record... but I don't know how to do it

HTH!
Giovanni

[1]