Re: Building and installing packages with modifications

From: 白い熊@相撲道
Subject: Re: Building and installing packages with modifications
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 19:06:28 +0000

…
>which will just inherit curl and only modify the flag "tests?" to
>disable tests.
>Everything else will be kept the same. Then if you save that to a file
>called
>my-curl.scm you could install it to your guix profile with
>"guix package -f my-curl.scm"

Thanks for this — it's definitely a big help. Now though, this would mean I'd
then have “my-curl” installed in my profile and on the next “guix pull” it
would still try to build “curl” with the tests and fail…

Do you think, if I save it as curl.scm and then install it — it would have the
desired effect of installing it in my profile as “curl” and then the “guix
pull” could proceed further as it would have a working “curl” installed?
--
白い熊@相撲道