To prevent guix gc from removing *grub.cfg file under /gnu/store/

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: To prevent guix gc from removing *grub.cfg file under /gnu/store/
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 17:56:46 +0000

Hi Guix!

Since my BIOS comes with in-built grub payload, I did not want to install bootloader on disk (but do want grub.cfg file under /gnu/store/), so I passed --no-bootloader parameter during guix system init. The guix system got successfully installed and there was *grub.cfg file under /gnu/store/. The file stayed even after multiple reboot, guix pull and guix package -u. But when I did guix gc, it removed the *grub.cfg file under /gnu/store/. How can I prevent this from happening?

I thought of using "guix build [...] --root=" command, but the file "*grub.cfg" under /gnu/store/ is created by the system (not user) during "guix system init" process. So how can I prevent "guix gc" process from removing a system created file?

Since I am a novice user, please provide me a step-wise explanation. Also, I am not able to find my old post in the mail mailing list regrading this issue. If you are an admin seeing this post, kindly close the old one and keep this new one opened.

Thank you!

Regards,
RG.