Re: printing pdf with evince

From: nightowl
Subject: Re: printing pdf with evince
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 18:32:08 -0600

I think I am using 'Evince' though it is actually called 'Document Viewer' in Gnome 3 which is what I have GuixSD configured to run. I my case, there is no problem viewing the document from the screen, the fonts appear ok there on every document I have opened. It is only when I try to print out something on paper that text does not appear in the hard copy. Also for comparison with your problem, I see the "document properties" -> "Fonts" window says 'all fonts are either standard or embedded' then it presents a very long list of fonts in the document. It does not say anything about substitution unless I am misreading it. Maybe your problem is somewhat different, though they both relate to the fonts in some way.