Re: guix installation on nixos

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: guix installation on nixos
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 11:19:32 -0500

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 04:03:22PM +0000, Roy Lemmon wrote:
> However, I still cannot run guix (or hello) without the full path. I
> have tried adding /usr/local/bin to my PATH.
>
> What environmental variables need to be set for a standard user ?

I recommend sourcing the file '~/.guix-profile/etc/profile' in your
login shell initialization file. This should handle all the environment
variables you need to use your packages.

For bash, this means doing it in '~/.bash_profile'.

For Zsh, '~/.profile'.

Since it is sourced for *login shells* you will need to log in again, or
start a new login shell like `bash --login`.

The warning about the locales is described later in the installation
instructions. To summarize, you'll also need to set the GUIX_LOCPATH
variable. The whole locales rigamarole will go away soon:

<https://bugs.gnu.org/34480>