Re: bug#34211: error running container: mingetty cannot find ttys

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: bug#34211: error running container: mingetty cannot find ttys
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:57:44 +0100

Hi Arun,

Arun Isaac <address@hidden> writes:

>> please any hint on how to "manually" remove those two failing services?
>
> You should do something along the lines of the following:
>
> (remove (lambda (service)
>           (let ((type (service-type-name (service-kind service))))
>             (or (eq? type 'mingetty)
>                 (eq? type 'console-fonts))))
>         %base-services)

[...]

thank you for your suggestion but this does not work

in everyone is willing to reproduce this bug [1] this is the container
config:

it's _very_ lightweight so it'll not waste your store space, to test it
just do

$ rm container-minimal
$ guix system container container-minimal.scm -r container-minimal
$ sudo ./container-minimal

in all my tests mingetty gets started and respawned, I can enter the
container and manually stop term-tty[1..6] services

Thanks!
Giovanni

[1] may it depend on my user environment? I'm on a foreign distro
(Debian 9.7)

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures