MPI cluster and container

From: zimoun
Subject: MPI cluster and container
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 20:06:44 +0100

Hi Guix,
(maybe the right place is address@hidden)

I have to two questions: :-)

 1- Does someone run Guix on a MPI cluster?
 2- Does someone fake a MPI cluster with Guix container?

Concerning the 1-, I mean the package manager part of Guix on a
cluster with MPI configured.

Concerning the 2-, I mean that some people compose Docker images to
fake a MPI cluster on a "desktop" machine (shared memory). The aim is
not about performance but about tests. A distributed memory
environment is faked and sometimes it is useful to debug MPI program.
I do not remember the tools about that... zut!

Well, the idea is to create a fake MPI cluster with controlled
containers. Does someone play around?

Thank you for any comments and/or pointer.

All the best,
simon