Re: User-Level services

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: User-Level services
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 05:14:28 -0800

Thanks Chris,

I wasn’t aware of the autostart spec so I took a look. Thanks! After reading it
I’m not sure it provides the retry support (among other things) that a user
service might provide. I would love to see something closer to an event
triggered service than forking once and forgetting.

It would be awesome if the Guix System could provide a way to configure these
declaratively, too. I am not saying shepherd would be the mechanism,
necessarily either. I just think people - myself included - will probably want
this feature.

Thanks again,

John