Re: Error building cdrtools and dvd+rw-tools

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: Error building cdrtools and dvd+rw-tools
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 22:05:49 +0100

Hello,

Björn Höfling <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont:
2019. febr. 5., K, 21:40):

> On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 20:49:35 +0100
> Andreas Enge <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I cannot reproduce this; could it be some non-determinism in the build
> > process? Both packages build without problem for me with commit
> > 406ef442580e6a1b68ca99091fef2935dc4fbb4f .
>
> I can confirm it is indeterministically failing: I tried it a week ago
> or so and sometimes it builds and sometimes not.
>
> For example, the latest Hydra evaluations fails:
>
> https://hydra.gnu.org/build/3346840
>
> I don't understand the error-log or which of these messages is a real
> error and which not. Anyone else?

The showstopper here seems to be this:

../RULES/local.cnf:46: OBJ/x86_64-linux-gcc/local.cnf: No such file or directory
4273make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'autoconf.m4', needed by
'configure'. Stop.
4274make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

this part looks like this on a working build:

ln: failed to create symbolic link './priv.c': File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link './acgeneral.m4': File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link './aclocal.m4': File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link './acoldnames.m4': File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link './acspecific.m4': File exists

> Björn

I will have a further look at this tomorrow, comparing earlier parts of the log.

The ext2 header also warnings on succesful builds, so that is not the problem.
I also believe that perl is not the problem.

Best regards,
g_bor