Re: luakit: user config in guix (disable WebGL)

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: luakit: user config in guix (disable WebGL)
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 15:58:15 +0100

Hi!

ehrm, I figured out what I was doing wrong: bad lua code

Giovanni Biscuolo <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> and in /gnu/store/...-luakit-2017.08.10/etc/xdg/luakit/globals.lua this

> -- Per-domain webview properties
> -- https://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkit2gtk/stable/WebKitWebView.html
> -- https://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkit2gtk/stable/WebKitSettings.html
> globals.domain_props = {
>     ["all"] = {
>         enable_webgl               = true,
>         -- enable_scripts          = false,
>         -- enable_plugins          = false,
>         -- zoom_text_only          = true,
>     }, --[[
>     ["youtube.com"] = {
>         enable_scripts = true,
>         enable_plugins = true,
>     }, ]]
> }

actually the lines I pasted above are just a (little) part of the entire
"globals.lua" file I have in store, not the whole file

> but if I try to customize "global.domain_props" in
> "$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/luakit/globals.lua" with:

> globals.domain_props = {
>     ["all"] = {
>         enable_webgl               = false,
>     },
> }
>
> I get this error:

I copied the entire "globals.lua" from the store to
/home/giovanni/.config/luakit/globals.lua (customized it) and it worked

in other words, the code I used in
/home/giovanni/.config/luakit/globals.lua was not valid lua code

[...]

sorry for the noise!

bye!
Giovanni