Re: gimp freeze

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: gimp freeze
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 22:57:30 -0800

Yoshinori Arai <address@hidden> writes:

> I use gimp to make logo for my new blog but gimp freeze on my locale,
> ja_JP.utf-8 on GuixSD. When I invoke gimp with LC_ALL=C, gimp does not freeze.
>
> I also use the gimp installed by guix on foreign system. I can use it normaly.
>
> My guix system configuration is based on light desktop example. I think gimp
> need a addtional package or service to use normaly on ja_JP.utf-8 locale.
>
> Plese advise me to resolve this.

Is it easy to reproduce?  I just launched my copy of GIMP with the
invocation "LANG=ja_JP.utf-8 gimp", and I couldn't reproduce the
problem.  I only opened it for half a minute, though.  I created a new
file, drew some lines, and closed it.  Japanese text was displayed
correctly.  My version of GIMP is 2.10.6.  I installed it using Guix
version v0.16.0-1278-g82328c010 on GuixSD.

Please let us know if you can reproduce the issue.  If you start GIMP on
the terminal, you might get interesting error messages.  Could you try
invoking it using strace and see if you find anything interesting?  Can
you get more information when providing the "--verbose" option to gimp?
Most importantly, if you can reproduce the issue, it will be helpful.

--
Chris