Re: Supergrub2disk helped me to have the choice at startup

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Supergrub2disk helped me to have the choice at startup
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 11:53:16 -0500

Hello Hubert!

address@hidden writes:

> Hi Guix :)
>
> A few days ago, I managed to install GuixSD 0.16 next to debian testing on a
> Packard Bell 'EasyNote TE' laptop.
> At reboot, Grub only offers GuixSD.
> To have the choice at startup, I used the 'supergrub2disk' that I downloaded
> and put on a USB key, positioned as the first boot device.
> SuperGRUB2disk gives me the choice between GuixSD and debian, and I can start
> either one without any problem.
>
> For now, I keep the USB key inserted in the computer and everything is fine,
> having nevertheless planned to address the problem of the restoration of
> GRUB.
>
> Would someone have a track that would enlighten me a bit?

In GuixSD, the way to handle dual (or more) boot is to define a list of
menu-entries for the bootloader configuration in your OS config. It's
documented here:
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Bootloader-Configuration.html.

For an actual example, this post might give you some idea:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2017-04/msg00045.html.

Good luck!

Maxim