Re: Gaming desktop hardware + 802.11 ac wifi

From: Benjamin Slade
Subject: Re: Gaming desktop hardware + 802.11 ac wifi
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:06:51 -0700

On 2019-01-18T20:35:06-0700, Maxim Cournoyer <address@hidden> wrote:
 > Hi,
 > Would you know if this would be compatible with newer ThinkPad models
 > such as the T460S?

 > I'm using a ThinkPenguin USB wifi adapter with the one I have, but it's
 > a bit bothersome.

One, you would have to see what size card the T460S uses. I *think* it's
probably a half-height one (which is also what my X230 uses), so that
would be the one I listed under (2).

But, two, you could run into issues with the bios only whitelisting
certain wifi cards. I know some ThinkPads have such whitelist, but I
don't know about your particularly model. (And I don't think Coreboot is
an option for that model either.)

--
Benjamin Slade - https://babbagefiles.xyz
  `(pgp_fp: ,(21BA 2AE1 28F6 DF36 110A 0E9C A320 BBE8 2B52 EE19))