Re: warning: failed to install locale

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: warning: failed to install locale
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 11:59:02 +0100

Dear Giovanni,

> since I used the binary install script [1] I think we should easily
> patch that so that it also "guix package -i glibc-utf8-locales" for lazy
> users like me :-)

It should be: "guix package -i glibc-locales".
Because glibc-utf8-locales only contains the locales ("de_DE" "el_GR"
"en_US" "fr_FR" "tr_TR"). If I understand well.

To patch correctly, the locale should be guessed by the script and the
variant glibc-LOC-locales should be built on-the-fly and installed.
It is some work and I am not sure it will pay off. :-)

> this is also not clearly stated in
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Application-Setup.html#Locales-1
> do it need to be fixed?

>From my opinion, yes. :-)