guix daemon and proxy settings

From: Lamballais
Subject: guix daemon and proxy settings
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 17:03:13 +0000

Hi all,
I've set up Guix Package Management onto a Fedora virtual machines.
I am using substitutes urls hydra.gnu.org and ci.guix.info

This machine is behing a corporate http proxy server.
Although the systemd configuration file for the guix-daemon seems quite good:

/etc/systemd/system
address@hidden system]# cat guix-daemon.service
# This is a "service unit file" for the systemd init system to launch
# 'guix-daemon'.  Drop it in /etc/systemd/system or similar to have
# 'guix-daemon' automatically started.

[Unit]
Description=Build daemon for GNU Guix

[Service]
Environment=http_proxy=http://my_proxy:my_port
ExecStart=/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/bin/guix-daemon --build-users-group=guixbuild
Environment=GUIX_LOCPATH=/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/guix-profile/lib/locale
RemainAfterExit=yes
StandardOutput=syslog
StandardError=syslog

# See <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-04/msg00608.html>.
# Some package builds (for example, address@hidden) may require even more than
# 1024 tasks.
TasksMax=8192

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

When trying to install glibc-utf8-locale package, it fails
Here are the envt vars for the guilde process (values had been masqueraded)

ps auxwwee | grep ' 7005  ' | grep -v grep| tr ' ' '\n' | grep -i proxy
HTTP_PROXY=http://proxy.mydomain:myport
https_proxy=http://proxy.mydomain:myport
http_proxy=http://proxy.mydomain:myport
no_proxy=localhost,127.0.0.1