Re: pam module question

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: pam module question
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 11:10:39 +0100

Hi Saeed,

> I have developed a test pam module and I want to change login configuration
> to use it during opening and closing sessions  but I do not have any Idea
> how to change login configuration in /etc/pam.d/login (its a symlink to
> store) can you please help me,

(gnu system pam) defines “unix-pam-service”, which returns a PAM service
for a given name.  The module also contains the definition of
“base-pam-services”, which uses “unix-pam-service” and returns a list of
PAM services.

This is how the PAM configuration is changed on Guix systems.  You would
not modify /etc/pam.d directly, as it is generated on system
reconfiguration and checked out from /gnu/store.

--
Ricardo