Re: List of installed package, version pairs

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: List of installed package, version pairs
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 09:33:28 +0200

On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 05:03:40PM -0500, Jack Hill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems that work has noticed the GuixSD host that I brought into the
> office. The security office maintains a risk profile be collecting lists of
> installed packages, so I've been asked to produce one for the GuixSD host. I
> assume that the garbage collector's live-paths is roughly equivalent to what
> they want.
>
> However, I've become stuck developing this report as both "guix gc
> --list-live" and the live-paths function in the (guix store) Guile module
> produce a list of store paths. I would like to get the package name and
> version. Is there a good way to do this without resorting to string
> manipulation?
>
> Best,
> Jack

For packages you have installed in your profile
'guix package -I | cut -f1,2 --output-delimiter=@ | sort -u' gives a
nice list. Perhaps someone else has an idea for the list from your
os-config.

Although the code above doesn't take into account build inputs and
packages that are in your binaries' paths. For that my two initial ideas
are 'guix package -I | cut -f1 | sort -u | xargs guix size' or
'guix package -I | cut -f1 | sort -u | guix refresh --list-transitive'
and some more shell scripting to get the package and version.

--
Efraim Flashner   <address@hidden>   אפרים פלשנר