List of installed package, version pairs

From: Jack Hill
Subject: List of installed package, version pairs
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 17:03:40 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

It seems that work has noticed the GuixSD host that I brought into the office. The security office maintains a risk profile be collecting lists of installed packages, so I've been asked to produce one for the GuixSD host. I assume that the garbage collector's live-paths is roughly equivalent to what they want.

However, I've become stuck developing this report as both "guix gc --list-live" and the live-paths function in the (guix store) Guile module produce a list of store paths. I would like to get the package name and version. Is there a good way to do this without resorting to string manipulation?

Best,
Jack