Re: Guix packaging copy file to current users profile

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Guix packaging copy file to current users profile
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 14:32:15 -0500

On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 05:53:00PM +0330, Reza Alizadeh Majd wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> How can I copy some configuration files, from my package archive to
> current users profile?  I need to copy some additional files from package
> archive to `~/.guix-profile/` path.

Can you clarify what you mean by 'package archive'?

The files in ~/.guix-profile are a union of symbolic links to the
store directories of the packages in your profile.

So, if your package definition installs a file like this:

/gnu/store/...-reza-package/share/foo.txt

and you add 'reza-package' to your profile, then you will find the
file symlinked like this:

~/.guix-profile/share/foo.txt

I hope that helps!