Re: Gaming desktop hardware + 802.11 ac wifi

From: nly
Subject: Re: Gaming desktop hardware + 802.11 ac wifi
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2019 15:07:52 +0000

>AMD RX 580 seems to be an excellent performance/cost choice,
considering the 560 seems to be buggy on Linux.

I have RX570, it won`t work at all, nada, without the blobs.

On January 7, 2019 3:01:16 PM UTC, Joshua Branson <address@hidden> wrote:
Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Pierre,

How are AMD graphics card faring on Guix? Are they working with
Linux-libre? According to
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=radeon-rx590-linux,
the AMD RX 580 seems to be an excellent performance/cost choice,
considering the 560 seems to be buggy on Linux.

Have you checked h-node.org?

I feel like the only graphics cards that'll run on linux-libre is old
nvidia's and integrated Intel CPUs...am I wrong in that?

I did not believe there are /any/ AMD cards that work on linux-libre.