Re: Problem with Tor & IceCat

From: znavko
Subject: Re: Problem with Tor & IceCat
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 08:16:34 +0100 (CET)

Yes, Tor plugin in Icecat 63 not works properly. I reported it to a developer through his website.

There is one important thing that Tor plugin breaks. If you look at https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Tor#Firefox there are lines you should configure in about:config page in Icecat
network.proxy.socks_remote_dns    true
network.dns.disablePrefetch       true
network.dns.disableIPv6           true

So plugin resets  'network.proxy.socks_remote_dns' to 'false' every time it runs and every time you start Icecat having tor plugin is activated. And this is why ISP performs dns requests.

Jan 7, 2019, 2:02 AM by address@hidden: