Re: FAQ draft (Was: Re: Upgrade 0.15 to .16 it doesn't work)

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: FAQ draft (Was: Re: Upgrade 0.15 to .16 it doesn't work)
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2019 11:57:00 +0100

Thanks for this FAQ.  I agree it would be a nice addition to the manual.

I like many of your points.  The points I would not put however are those that
are likely to change sooner or later, for instance

>  * Any stable ones available yet?
>  * No, not known to us.

Besides, regarding

>  * Is package X available?
>  * Maybe! Take a look at the package list of the website or search our
> git-repo
> for the name.

I believe this is an important pointer to new comers (e.g. "I will only consider
switching to GuixSD if X and Y are packaged"), so we need a link here.

The official home page has https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/ which is
a rather poor interface in my opinion.

So I would like to the much more convenient
https://guix-hpc.bordeaux.inria.fr/browse instead.

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/