Emacs-guix: variable is void: guix-current-profile

From: zimoun
Subject: Emacs-guix: variable is void: guix-current-profile
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 16:34:34 +0100

Dear,

Happy New Year !

Thank you this nice interface !!

I am have installed Guix on the top of Debian.
If I understand well, I installed the packages guile, guile-gcrypt and
Emacs, obviously. :-)
And emacs-guix comes from MELPA, Geiser too.
Then I am a bit confused.

M-x guix pops up.
However, press p leads to the message:
"guix-popup-format-profile: Symbol’s value as variable is void:
guix-current-profile"
But, C-h v guix-current-profile returns
"/var/guix/profiles/per-user/simon/guix-profile"

If I manually set `guix-current-profile' to
"/var/guix/profiles/per-user/simon/guix-profile" with M-x
guix-set-current-profile, then M-x guix p n works, I mean it returns
9206 available packages.
What I am missing?

Last, 'guix package -s gmsh' returns the package that I am looking for.
However, `M-x guix p n gmsh' does not.
I need to do 'guix package -i guix' to find gmsh with emacs-guix. Hum?
I guess I have a config twisted elsewhere? I mean the `Guix REPL'
buffer loads (emacs-guix) and there is a lot of warnings... but I do
not see one about gmsh from maths.scm.

Thank you for any tips.

All the best,
simon