Re: About /var/guix/profiles and guix pull generations

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: About /var/guix/profiles and guix pull generations
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 18:51:34 +0100

Hi :)

On 2018-12-19 17:49, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
snip

            (display-hint (format #f (G_ "Consider deleting old profile
-generations and collecting garbage, along these lines:
+generations, deleting old Guix checkouts and collecting garbage, along these
+lines:
@example
-guix package -p ~s --delete-generations=1m
-guix gc
address@hidden example\n")
-                                profile))
+guix package --profile=~s --delete-generations=1m
+guix package --profile=~s --delete-generations=1m

Why duplicate lines here?

+guix gc --free-space=5G
address@hidden example
+
+You might also want to delete old non-default profiles pointed to by
+the symlinks in /var/guix/gcroots/auto (broken symlinks in this
+directory will be automatically removed).")
+                                profile
+                                (string-append (config-directory #:ensure? #f)
"/current")))

I think this is quite long and I don't understand your phrase about broken symlinks.

Could you write a new section "Freeing up space in GuixSD" in the manual instead and refer to that here instead?

--
Cheers Swedebugia