Re: Next browser finally on master!

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Next browser finally on master!
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 21:29:54 +0100

Hi Pierre,

>> I am also in favor
>> of renaming SBCL-Next to something else. I know that we are using sbcl
>> instead of clisp for building it, but the naming scheme seems to imply
>> an SBCL library or module rather than a web browser application.
>
> This is being discussed for stumpwm in bug #33311. […]

I’ve read that discussion, but I don’t see how it is relevant.
The *name* of the package surely does not have any effect on the
features, does it?

For applications like StumpWM and Next we could change the package names
to “stumpwm” and “next”, respectively.  That these packages can *also*
be used as libraries does not mean that the packages should have names
with the “sbcl-” or “cl-” or “other-lisp-” prefix.

Am I misunderstanding something?

--
Ricardo