guix pull error: symlink

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: guix pull error: symlink
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 13:03:38 +0100

Hi,

don't know how but I someway, sometime, messed up permissions in my
normal user home and some files/dirs were owned by root [1]

now I changed the owner of my entire $HOME but "guix pull" still gives
me this error:

address@hidden:~$ guix pull
Migrating profile generations to '/var/guix/profiles/per-user/gbiscuolo'...
guix pull: error: symlink: File exists:
"/var/guix/profiles/per-user/gbiscuolo/current-guix-1-link"

please how can I fix this?

thanks!
Giovanni

[1] maybe I mede some error using "sudo guix..." instead of the recommended
"sudo -E guix..."

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures