how to customize shell prompt (for emacs tramp compatibility)

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: how to customize shell prompt (for emacs tramp compatibility)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 18:32:16 +0100

Hi,

I'm having problems to remotely browse my guixsd testing host using
emacs dired via tramp, the exact error message I get is:

tramp-file-name-handler: Couldn’t find a proper ‘ls’ command

I found this explanation on stackexchange
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6954479/emacs-tramp-doesnt-work/8363532#8363532

actually PS1 is address@hidden \w\$, it should be address@hidden:\w\$ to be
"tramp
compatible"

please is there a way to declaratively customize user prompts in
config.scm or similar?

should that "unusual" prompt considered a bug to be fixed? [1]

best regards
Gio

[1] I'm going where it's defined and try to propose a patch in guix-devel

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures