Re: Slim & Multi-monitor

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: Slim & Multi-monitor
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 22:37:38 -0800

Hi Brett!

Brett Gilio <address@hidden> writes:

> I have a dual monitor setup for my workstation I use Guix on. The Slim
> DM is quite nice for me, and i'd theoretically like to remain with
> it. However, I am having trouble with the way Slim is treating the
> dual-monitor display. Instead of treating each monitor as their own
> "workspace", it is treating both monitors together as a single extended
> display, which creates an awkward division down the middle of Slim, and
> displays part of the login field on each monitor display.
>
> I checked the documentation for Slim to see if this is written on, and I
> did not find anything.

I can confirm that this happens for me, also.  I wasn't sure if it was a
bug or not, so I didn't comment on it, but it certainly seems incorrect.
Since this affects multiple people using GuixSD, perhaps we should file
a bug report about it.  Could you do that by emailing address@hidden

Giovanni Biscuolo recommended some possible avenues for investigation.
Did you discover any more information about this issue?

--
Chris