Re: Guile text editor

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: Guile text editor
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 07:31:30 -0500

<address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you, Catonano! There are such options in Gedit!
>
> Comparing with that highlighting in emacs (left) http://0x0.st/s004.png
> this gedit highlighting is so poor.
>
> I need info how to activate parentheses highlighting in Emacs, and may be
> configure exactly as in my pic left side.

You probably want guix package -i emacs-rainbow-delimiters.

(add-hook 'scheme-mode-hook 'rainbow-delimiters-mode)
(add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook 'rainbow-delimiters-mode)

Also you probably don't want to use the standard emacs theme.  It's
ugly.  You should try zenburn-theme.

M-x list-packages RET

Install zenburn-theme.  (It's one of the better ones
https://github.com/bbatsov/zenburn-emacs).

Tweaking your Emacs takes a lifetime.  :)

You might also want to try an Emacs distribution:

- Spacemacs is beautiful!  http://spacemacs.org/
- prelude https://github.com/bbatsov/prelude
- Graphene https://github.com/rdallasgray/graphene
- Emacs Bootstrap http://emacs-bootstrap.com/
- Frontmacs https://github.com/thefrontside/frontmacs
- Steve Purcell's config https://github.com/purcell/emacs.d
  I personally cloned his a long time ago.