Re: sha256 hash mismatch

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: sha256 hash mismatch
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 19:53:43 +0100

Welcome to guix :)

On 2018-11-19 06:10, Fredrik Salomonsson wrote:
Hi,

Trying to install guix-0.15 to see if I can get dual booting with btrfs working on my laptop. But didn't get that far. Encounter an error when running guix system init. Ran it twice, same error. Any idea what could be wrong? Took about 4-6h to run it the first time.

Sorry about the rough start. Guix-land is a real adventure sometimes!

Here's the command:
guix system init /mnt/etc/config.scm /mnt/ --substitute-urls="https://hydra.gnu.org https://berlin.guixsd.org";
Thanks for specifying the command and config.scm.
Did you follow the manual? (e.g. authorize the keys for both servers above?)

I suspect you did not as guix was trying to build stuff (normally we have substitutes for almost everything if you either run init without pulling first (=guix 0.15) or pull to a commit a week ago or so.

Getting substitutes to work is crucial if you are not very patient. The hash mismatches are a plague brought by changes upstream which are NOT retroactively fixed.

You can check the availability of substitutes with "guix weather".

With substitutes working and available init should not take more that 10 min on a recent machine. It would probably be a good idea to state this in the manual.

If you want to hack on guix you will have to update guix above 0.15.

--
Cheers
Swedebugia