Re: Updating a very old Guix

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Updating a very old Guix
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 17:00:49 +0100

Hi

On 2018-11-13 13:43, Konrad Hinsen wrote:

snip

So let's try a variant: use "guix archive" to export a nar file, copy it
over to the other machine, and import it.

    guix archive --export `readlink -f ~/.config/guix/latest` > guix-update.nar

guix archive: error: build failed: program `guix-authenticate' failed
with exit code 1

Interesting bug!

Could you report this to address@hidden
this code runs on the daemon so any detailed errors will probably be in the daemon log.

we need the version of your guix (and your daemon) so we can reproduce it.

guix-authenticate uses gcrypt which was recently changed by ludo to guile-gcrypt so this might have introduced a regression.

There isn't much documentation on "guix authenticate" and how it might
fail, so I'll end my experiments here. Does anyone have an idea for
something else that I might try?

How about reinstalling v. 0.15 overwriting your current installation?

this would invalidate all your store items though.

--
Cheers
Swedebugia