Using local package

From: Brett Gilio
Subject: Using local package
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 01:31:35 -0600

Hi all,

I am wondering about a specific dilemma for developers. I know that I
can run a specific guix environment container of sorts to hack on
package code, but I am curious about how I could do about using that
locally checked out code to build it and run it.

For example, if I git clone emacs and hacked on the source of the
lastest 27.x master branch, what might be the best way to test my
changes without affecting a new revision to my local profile?

Best,
Brett Gilio