Re: Updating a very old Guix

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Updating a very old Guix
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 20:37:40 +0100

Hi

On 2018-11-09 18:07, Konrad Hinsen wrote:
Hi Swedebugia and Julien,

First of all, thanks to both of you for your suggestions!

Have you tried the commit for the next nearest stable? v.0.13 v.0.14
v.0.15? (gcrypt was added after 0.15 point)
Ludo recommended in another thread to pull in increments. But basically
building guix with an old guix is not supported at all ATM but should work.
I did consider going through intermediates, but only when the problems
showed up. Since I do not have a working Guix any more, I cannot use
"guix pull" with a commit to move to an intermediate.

This is most probably not correct. You most probably do have a working Guix in the store but your current guix points to the new one which lacks guile-gcrypt.

I suggest you roll back your guix pull profile following the manual. (this might not work if your guix is too old)
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Invoking-guix-pull.html#Invoking-guix-pull

If you want more help I suggest you run:

$ guile --version | head -1 && guix --version | head -1

And your env
$ env

Also
guix package -l && guix pull -l