Re: Updating a very old Guix

From: znavko
Subject: Re: Updating a very old Guix
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 19:27:30 +0100 (CET)

Hello! It is interesting to read. I use GuixSD for 2 months. I have not accumulated problems and solutions, but an issue with gcrypt and hash appeared here.
The luck was there, I only can show you a link: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2018-09/msg00153.html
I think the main feature of guix - the roll back function - rests there.
May be you could choose most previous kernel in grub and then ran
`guix system roll-back`. Would it repair your system?

9. Nov 2018 20:07 by address@hidden:

Hi Swedebugia and Julien,

First of all, thanks to both of you for your suggestions!
Have you tried the commit for the next nearest stable? v.0.13 v.0.14
v.0.15? (gcrypt was added after 0.15 point)
Ludo recommended in another thread to pull in increments. But basically
building guix with an old guix is not supported at all ATM but should work.

I did consider going through intermediates, but only when the problems
showed up. Since I do not have a working Guix any more, I cannot use
"guix pull" with a commit to move to an intermediate.

Thanks again to both of you,
Konrad