Re: Shepherd and Guille

From: Wayne
Subject: Re: Shepherd and Guille
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2018 23:12:34 -0500

Quoting Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden>:

I also gave it a quick read and I tend to agree with Vladimir: this
article comes off as a rant (like most other articles on this website according to the author) with poor arguments and poor understanding of engineering and the
bigger picture of computing.

In my opinion, the style betrays the writing of someone who tries to sound
smarter and more knowledgeable than they really are.  The article is rather
hollow overall.

thank you both Vladimir and Pierre for taking the time to respond. while i also thought that the article was not so well done, the point about using GC/JIT/etc. languages for "critical" software like init seemed somewhat worth investigating. thus thanks again for your inputs.

peace, w

--
https://waynedpj.ingiro.xyz