Re: guixsd 0.15.0 install failure

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: guixsd 0.15.0 install failure
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 16:30:26 -0400

On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 01:34:29PM -0500, Anthony Eslick wrote:
> I have been having a hard time getting guixsd installed on my x200 the past
> few days. I am running the command "guix system init /mnt/etc/config.scm
> /mnt --substitute-urls="https://berlin.guixsd.org""; and everything seems to
> be working but after a couple hours into the install I keep getting this
> message
>
> sha256 hash mismatch for output path
> '/gnu/store/bjpalrv9f49d2k40p7ga0y6dwdys9w5j-bzip2-1.0.6.tar.gz'
> cannot build derivation: ***************************

The problem is that the website hosting bzip2 has gone offline
permanently. You'll have to download this source code from the archive:

`guix download
https://web.archive.org/web/20180624184835/http://www.bzip.org/1.0.6/bzip2-1.0.6.tar.gz`

Once you have downloaded the source code, you can restart `guix system
init ...` and it should work as expected.