Qemu image asking for password

From: swedebugia
Subject: Qemu image asking for password
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 08:59:15 +0100

Hi

I recently tried firing up https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/guix/guixsd-vm-image-0.15.0.x86_64-linux.xz with qemu.

It booted up alright and took me to a login prompt.

I tried gnu/gnu guix/guix but it did not work.

I lookend for instructions here:

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Running-GuixSD-in-a-VM.html

But they were not really what I needed as they did not answer my to questions:

  1.  how to log in?
  2.  can I use the image as a basis for contributing to guix? That is:
  1. is it readonly?
  2. if yes how do I connect a .dmg or similar virtual harddisk (example qemu commands or link to something helpful)?
  3. ho much space is needed on this .dmg to download the guix-source and compile?
Cheers
Swedebugia