guix gc fails with foreign key error

From: Florian Dold
Subject: guix gc fails with foreign key error
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 17:00:29 +0100

Hi all,

"guix gc" currently fails for me on two separate machines, both are
running a recent version of GuixSD:

# guix gc
finding garbage collector roots...
deleting garbage...
guix gc: error: build failed: executing SQLite statement: FOREIGN KEY
constraint failed

# guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) 2f18b7329d9260cbada8cdec081765adfa82a5f4
[...]

The following commands though run through without any errors:

guix gc --verify
guix gc --verify=repair
guix gc --verify=contents

Is there any more info I can provide about this?  I saw some threads
about the same problem in the past, but it seems they got resolved by
just reinstalling the whole system.

I think it's pretty unlikely that this happened due to manual corruption
of the store, since it passes verification, and the problem occurred on
two different machines that were set up around the same time a few
months ago.

- Florian