Re: hydra.gnu.org off-line for maintenance

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: hydra.gnu.org off-line for maintenance
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 16:49:29 +0200

Alex,

Alex Vong wrote:
For myself, I use the following option:

--substitute-urls='https://berlin.guixsd.org https://mirror.guixsd.org https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org https://hydra.gnu.org'

I suggest keeping only one of mirror.guixsd.org and mirror.hydra.gnu.org.

I don't know the story, or which one's preferable (I forgot m.g.o existed), but both point to the exact same server. Hitting (and caching?) the same box twice is probably bad news for both of you.

I choose 'berlin.guixsd.org' to be the default because it seems to build
substitutes faster than 'hydra.gnu.org'.

I share that impression.

Kind regards,

T G-R