Re: hydra.gnu.org off-line for maintenance

From: Clément Lassieur
Subject: Re: hydra.gnu.org off-line for maintenance
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 12:06:45 +0200

Hi,

Thomas Danckaert <address@hidden> writes:

> Also, you may want to add this setting globally and permanently, so you don't
> have to specify it every time you run guix.  You can do this by passing the
> option to the guix daemon
>
>  - when using guix on another distribution with systemd, you can modify the
> the ExecStart line in /etc/systemd/system/guix-daemon.service as follows:
>
> ExecStart=/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/guix-profile/bin/guix-daemon
> --build-users-group=guixbuild "--substitute-urls=https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org
> https://berlin.guixsd.org";

Note that https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org doesn't work well either[1].  You
might be better off with just https://berlin.guixsd.org.

But I noticed today that https://berlin.guixsd.org doesn't evaluate
anything anymore[2], so you will only get old evaluations from it.

At the moment I can't find any working solution.

[1]: https://bugs.gnu.org/33151
[2]: https://berlin.guixsd.org/jobset/guix-master

Cheers,
Clément