Re: using Shepherd outside of GuixSD ?

From: Benjamin Slade
Subject: Re: using Shepherd outside of GuixSD ?
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 10:44:50 -0600

On 2018-10-17T06:24:18-0600, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:

 > I don’t know if anyone tried.  That’s certainly doable, though
 > probably not as convenient as on GuixSD, notably because GuixSD
 > performs static checks on the service dependency graph to prevent
 > certain kind of errors from occurring at run time (e.g., reference to
 > a non-existent service), and also because GuixSD provides additional
 > tools that are handy when testing services (e.g., ‘guix system
 > shepherd-graph’, ‘guix system vm’.)

 > Anyway if you give it a try, let us know how it goes!

Thanks, Ludo'.  So the 'guix system' tools are only available on GuixSD
proper, and not via the guix standalone?

I'll certain report back with when/if I manage to try it about
successes/failures.

 —Ben

--
Benjamin Slade - https://babbagefiles.xyz
  `(pgp_fp: ,(21BA 2AE1 28F6 DF36 110A 0E9C A320 BBE8 2B52 EE19))