Re: Including sources in guix archive --export

From: Georges Dupéron
Subject: Re: Including sources in guix archive --export
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2018 13:49:32 +0200

On mar., oct. 2, 2018 at 11:57 , Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
Hmm no, ‘--sources=transitive’ is supposed to give you the complete list of source tarballs. Any idea which ones are missing

The ones missing seem to be the sources used to bootstrap GCC and Guile (there might be a couple of false positives in that list, because: I added these one by one to the list after "hello" by using the wildcard /gnu/store/*-$i.drv, until guix build inside the VM stopped indicating missing dependencies):

binutils-2.23.2.tar.xz
bison-3.0.4.tar.xz
gc-7.6.4.tar.gz
gcc-4.8.2.tar.xz
glibc-2.18.tar.xz
guile-2.0.9.tar.xz
gcc-4.9.4.tar.xz
gettext-0.19.8.1.tar.gz
gmp-6.1.2.tar.xz
guile-2.2.3.tar.xz
libatomic_ops-7.6.4.tar.gz
libffi-3.2.1.tar.gz
libtool-2.4.6.tar.xz
libunistring-0.9.9.tar.xz
m4-1.4.18.tar.xz
perl-5.26.1.tar.gz
pkg-config-0.29.2.tar.gz
static-binaries.tar.xz
texinfo-6.5.tar.xz
zlib-1.2.11.tar.gz

Note that when I run guix build --check hello inside a VM created from a minimal configuration, it tries to build much more than just hello (e.g. GCC, Guile, …), whereas if I run it on my Guix host, it simply rebuilds hello and nothing else.

Thanks :)
Georges