Re: Flash Player for Icecat Gnash can not find boost header

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Flash Player for Icecat Gnash can not find boost header
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2018 12:12:12 +0200

Hello,

<address@hidden> skribis:

> So I have downloaded and unzipped gnash-0.8.10. And try to compile as
> non-root user. I've installed boost for it , but gnash configure script does
> not find it:

[...]

> $ ./configure
> checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... yes
> checking searching for pthread library... not found
> checking for the Boost Version...
> checking for boost header... checking for Boost libraries... configure:
> WARNING: Libraries  thread program_options iostreams  serialization date_time
> aren't installed
>
> checking if -fvisibility-inlines-hidden is broken... no
> checking whether g++ supports -fvisibility=hidden... yes
> checking whether GConf support is requested... yes
> checking for GCONF... configure: error: Package requirements (gconf-2.0) were
> not met.
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively you may set the GCONF_CFLAGS and GCONF_LIBS environment
> variables
> to avoid the need to call pkg-config.  See the pkg-config man page for
> more details.

AFAICS the problem here is not about Boost but about GConf, which is
missing.

Note that if you’re building Gnash, you may just as well write a package
definition for it: it won’t be much harder, and it will benefit
everyone.  See
<https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Defining-Packages.html>
to get started.

Thanks,