Re: GNU Icecat crashed tab

From: nightowl
Subject: Re: GNU Icecat crashed tab
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 01:50:57 +0200

Turning off the smooth scrolling helps a little but actually, I see a pretty noticeable difference in responsiveness between the version 52 and version 60 icecat on my system. I can switch between my old and new setup from the boot menu, and I find that the older 52 version is faster and smoother and works fine with the smooth scrolling option. When I boot into the upgraded system running the upgraded version 60 there is a noticeable lag in the responsiveness of icecat browser (but the crash tab issue appears fixed in the newer version). Maybe it is more apparent on the older hardware which my system is installed, or perhaps the upgrade of my system has changed some other things though I used the same config.scm file as the previous upgrade. I also compare the responsiveness of the Gnome Web browser, and it is good in both the old and new configurations. This makes me think it has more to do with the new icecat version than something with the system upgrade.