Re: Other web-browser for tor

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Other web-browser for tor
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 22:20:56 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi znavko,
>
>> I've found other browsers with `guix package -s 'web browser'` but all
>> of that I've installed has no Network configurations . Epiphany,
>> Dillo, Conkeror can't.
>
> Epiphany and Eolie both should accept the GNOME network settings, where
> you can configure a SOCKS proxy.  Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem to
> work properly.
>
> I’m investigating this now.

This works now.  I just had to replace the line “exec gnome-shell” in my
~/.xsession file with “gnome-session” (no “exec”), which makes sure that
the GNOME session manager is started.  Epiphany connects to the GNOME
session manager to read the session-wide network settings, including
the SOCKS proxy settings.

I think it will work out of the box if you’re not using a ~/.xsession
file.

--
Ricardo